While the example listed below works on wooden bows, it can also be used on furniture and a variety of other wooden objects.
- Begin by mixing 1/4 cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of water in a spray bottle.
- Mist the surfaces of the wooden bow.
- Wipe away any excess moisture to avoid spotting.
- Allow the piece to air dry completely.
- Repeat as necessary, vinegar is great at removing odors.
- When finally done and you can no longer smell any cigar or cigarette smell, dry the bow completely and then oil the wood with tung oil, mineral oil, linseed oil, gunstock oil, deer grease, or similar oils. See also: How to Oil a Wooden Longbow or Flatbow